Friday, September 14, 2007

A Radiothon

A local radio station - WARM 106.9 FM - had their annual Catch a Cure for Cancer radiothon today. . Listeners were inspired with the stories of patients and their families, given an opportunity to call in and pledge funds to the cause. A collaboration with The Moyer Foundation, the money raised was to fund early cancer-detection research. I was asked to participate and share my story. It was interesting to do so. I went to the radio station last month and recorded a segment on how early detection would have made a difference in the colon polyps not turning to cancer. I also shared how latest research - such as oral chemotherapy - made a difference to me. I will get a copy of the broadcast and a signed baseball from Moyer. They raised $100,000.

No comments: