Monday, September 17, 2007

Magazine Article

I wrote an article on using the internet - on-line forums, emails, and blogs. I sent it unsolicited to a cancer patient magazine and today it was accepted for publication. I had written it (and another article that I am waiting for a response about) primarily as a way for me to integrate the cancer experience into my identity rather than let it overwhelm me, but must acknowledge that when I saw the email I was a bit nervous about opening it and getting a rejection. When I saw it was an acceptance, I was pleased. The support I have gotten from everyone - including my friends via the internet - has really been important to me.

Tomorrow I am going in for a fulltime job interview. I have mixed feelings. I am both excited about being involved in something again (I have done some parttime assignments, but basically haven't worked in a year) and yet not sure I want to focus my energy on the same things I had been doing most of my life. I feel like I'm at a buffet with many options and they all look good, but I can only eat so much. The acceptance of the writing reinforces the feeling that I might like to do something different.

No comments: