Friday, September 14, 2007

M.O.S.T.

Medical Oncology Survivorship Team - M.O.S.T. - This is a program offered by the cancer center I go to and sponsored in conjunction with the Lance Armstrong Foundation to provide a long term care overview of cancer survivorship and collect statistics on the effects of cancer treatment. I had my appointment today. Most of the information was about things such as the role of exercise and overall health care - not just an emphasis on cancer. They did not have much information on the long term effects of the chemo I took. I feel having a central place, though, to collect information and, in the future, have the data is a good thing. Their knowledge base right now is more on breast cancer (lung, then colon are the two major cancers at this time, though) and on children that had cancer and have effects from the treatment.

No comments: