Friday, August 8, 2008

Clean Endoscopy

I'm just now fully awake from the procedure yesterday. Because it was both a colonoscopy and upper GI endoscopy, I had double the normal sedative, so I would be out during the procedures. If it weren't for the prep before, these tests would be nothing. I was just really tired.

The endoscopy was totally clean. The CT scan I had showed a "masslike tissue in the stomach". I spoke to a friend, who is a radiologist. He said that the new CT machines scan so quickly, that it often happens that a stomach contraction (can happen when your body is digesting the barium you drink) will show up as a blur or a masslike tissue. He said that often the technician will catch it at the time and re-run that part to be sure. I'm glad to know my cancer center is using the latest machines and I was scheduled for the upper GI endoscopy in November, anyway.

As for the colonoscopy, six small polyps removed. Need to wait for the biopsy results. I had six benign ones removed last year and just to be on the safe side as six more grew, will do a colonoscopy next year, as well.

Yes, I cried before lying on the table waiting for the procedure to start thinking about if I had a relapse or another health problem to deal with.

No comments: