Saturday, July 26, 2008

Stomach Tumor

I had my one year CT scan earlier this month and a tissue-like mass was identified in the anterior of the stomach. My oncologist indicated that colon cancer metastisis does not usually present itself in the stomach and stomach cancer is rare. I am scheduled for an upper endoscopy (which I was to have in November) August 8, as a result. I have no other symptoms and the rest of the CT scan was clear of cancer.

It is difficult for my mind to stay in the present and just wait and see. I jump to in the implications – surgery, more chemo. It seems so unfair. I’m scared. It’s not quite as intense as the first time I got diagnosed, however. Maybe once to face your own mortality, you accept it more or maybe you just learn better coping skills.

1 comment:

The Apologist said...

So so sorry to hear that Ann. I'm sure it'll be OK.

Fingers crossed for you

Simon xx