Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ultrasound Result

The CT scan I had in July (routine 1 year post-chemo CT scan) indicated a nodule on my thyroid. I went to an endocrinologist and had an ultrasound last week. The endocrinologist called today with the results. Turns out there were two nodules - one about just under 1 cm that looks cystic and is probably benign. (Cystic means the nodule is filled with fluid.) To be sure, they are going to do a biopsy of it. There is always something. My mind goes to thinking it might be cancer. I know if it is, it's treatability is high. They take out your thyroid and you take medication everyday, but it's not life threatening. Still, I just don't like dealing with all this. As a fellow cancer survivor said: "Life for us will always be one more doctor appointment and every little extra test will always set are head in motion with the what ifs".

No comments: